Sunday, January 2, 2011

Turkey Dinner in a Bag

By now your turkey dinner leftovers are probably long gone, but here is an idea for next time. Package up your leftovers, put in a freezer bag (extra large) and store in the freezer for use later.

In this bag I have everything I need for a complete turkey dinner: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet pototatoes, brussels sprouts with cheese sauce, gravy, and cranberry sauce.

Can you imagine having this for dinner sometime in February? All you need to do is take out your "turkey dinner in a bag" and let thaw in the fridge for aprox. 24 hours. Then re-heat and eat.

My husband was the first to do this and boy, did I appreciate it on one of those nights when we were hungry and I hadn't made a thing.

You can do this when it isn't Christmas too. Just wait for turkey's to go on sale and cook the full meal, saving leftovers. This time we were able to create two turkey dinner bags as well as having lots of leftovers and two turkey soups.

No comments:

Post a Comment