Saturday, March 30, 2013

My Iced Tea

Unlike the Blueberry Roobios Iced Tea I have posted under the "beverages" category, this iced tea is caffeinated. The flavour is strong, sweet and fruity. After tasting delicious iced tea at Zack's in Kamloops, I sought to create a similar iced tea at home. The recipe is one that I have adapted from two other recipes and it is the one I use all the time during the summer. Enjoy!


Put 8 tea bags in a large bowl. Pour 8 cups boiling water over and let steep for 10 minutes. Discard bags.
(This recipe is easily doubled and I usually do so as I go through it quickly. That is why there are more than 8 tea bags here)

As you can see, this is a strong tea.

Add 3/4 cup sugar and stir to dissolve

Add one can frozen lemonade (If you don't have frozen lemonade you can add 1 cup lemon juice and increase the sugar to 1 cup)

Here's where the fruity flavour comes from: mango juice - which you can find at Costco

I fill up the lemonade container and add to tea. Mix and let cool to room temperature before storing in refrigerator.

Serve over plenty of ice

Cook's Notes:
My friend Connie tried this recipe using limeade instead of the lemonade and raspberry juice instead of the mango juice.  It is very different from the mango and lemonade, but very good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment